Generally, app development is the process or method in which mobile applications have been made. Usually, two kinds of apps can be created for mobile devices. Such as apps for android devices and apps for IOS or Apple devices.
And there were several programming languages were used for this app development java, and C++ are the most popular for android development, and swift for IOS development. But one of the common questions that appear in programmers’ minds can python be used for app development? well, in this article I am going to discuss this topic in detail.
So, can python be used for app development? the short and simple answer is yes, it can be used for app development. Python has many kinds of libraries and frameworks embedded within it, and for making mobile apps the Kivy framework is most preferable. It is mainly used for developing android apps and besides that, it is also used for developing apps for IOS, Windows, and other platforms. To know more about this topic read the entire article, in the below section I have discussed this topic in detail.
How to Create an App Using Python?
To create any kind of application with the help of Python programming you have to use its framework Kivy, which is the most suitable python framework used for creating applications.
So, what is Kivy? it is an open-source python framework that developers can use freely for creating applications for mobile devices. Besides applications, you can also create multitouch software for several devices by using this framework.
This framework of Python is suitable for several platforms and it can run on multiple operating systems platforms, such as it can run on- Android, IOS, Linux, Mac OS, and also for other platforms.
This framework was initially released in the year 2011, by the Kivy organization, and its stable version was release in the year 2020. And it was written within Python programming and Cython programming.
This framework includes lots of features like- input support for keyboard, mouse, and multi-touch supports and besides that, you can also use various types of graphic libraries, widgets, and objects while using the python framework for apps.
Features of Kivy:
There are some good features were exists within this Python framework and here I mention some of its great feature which is helpful fr developing apps-
- The first major advantage of using this python framework is that it is a cross-platform framework. It is flexible with almost all the operating systems, such as it is supportable for Windows, Linux, Android, IOS, Mac OS, etc. The main point is that you can write the code one time and after that, you can execute the same code for all the platforms. Besides that, it also provides the features of a multi-touch mouse simulator and here you will get the native support for the devices and the protocols.
- As I mention it is an open-source python framework and therefore it is free for use. And this library was mainly developed by true working professionals and for several years this framework or library was used for building the applications. And besides that, if you get any problems while using this framework then you can use its documentation.
- The portions of the graphics engine and the features of graphical technologies were added within this framework, so it is really useful for creating advanced graphical technologies. And besides apps, many kinds of games also can be created with the help of this framework. So, if you want to build apps and games then this framework is best for that.
These are some of the features of using the Kivy framework within app development.
However, if you want to build any app by using this library then you have to install it first and then you have to first learn python widgets and programs. Once you have learned that then you have to learn about the UI layout concepts. Once you have completed those concepts then you have to gain some knowledge about events, Kv language, Kivy applications, packaging apps, and some other kinds of tasks. And if you have followed the process then it will clear all of your concepts and in this manner, you can create an application via the Kivy library.
Main Uses of Python
Python has become one of the most familiar programming languages in recent times and it includes numerous features & here I mention some of the popular uses of the python programming language-
- AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- Machine Learning
- Data Analytics
- Programming Applications
- Web Development
- Game Development
- Language Development
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Data Visualisation
Android Apps Made with Python
In this section, I am going to explain some of the best python app names which are made with the help of the python programming language. Here I mention 5 apps names that are very much among the people-
These are some of the most common apps which are built with the help of the python programming language but remember one thing besides the python programming language some other essential languages were used for making these apps.
In this article, I have answered whether can python be used for App development or not? and besides that here I have also mentioned some of the other essential facts regarding this.
I hope you have liked this article and if you have any kind of query then you can ask me in the comment section please follow our website regularly for these kinds of informational articles.