Kotlin has become one of the most prevalent and emerging languages at the contemporary time. This language was originally released in the year 2011, and since that period of that time, it was rising day by day. It is a cross-platform, general-purpose programming language. Unlike java, this language is also used for android application development. But before the starting of the Kotlin language, you have to choose an IDE in which, you will write the source code. In this article, I reveal some of the Best IDEs names through which you will understand which IDE is best for Kotlin?
So, Which IDE is best for Kotlin? there are several IDEs and editors are available in the market which is best for the Kotlin programming and here I suggest some names among those-
- Sublime Text Editor
- Intellij IDEA
- Android Studio
- Visual Studio Code
- Web Strom
These are some of the best IDEs which are used for Kotlin programming. Now in the below section, I have explained these IDEs in detail.
Sublime Text Editor
The Sublime text editor has become one of the most well-known IDE(Integrated development environment) in modern times. There are so many advanced features that have been added within this editor and these editors are especially useful for the programmers.
It is a cross-platform and an open-source IDE or editor which can be used for several languages. Furthermore, common markup languages also support within this editor.
This IDE was originally written in c++ and Python programming languages. And it was developed in the year of 2008 by Sublime HQ.
- This text editor presents auto-completion.
- Within this editor, you can jump the cursor and you can go anywhere easily.
- Within this editor, you can select multiple lines of codes, words, and columns.
It is also a kind of open-source IDE or editor. This is another exceptional kind of editor for the users. And you can efficiently use this editor within several kinds of operating systems. Such as you can use this within Linux, mac os, windows, etc.
- It is a cross-platform IDE that works on Windows, Linux, and different operating systems.
- Within this editor, you will get diverse plugins and therefore it makes Atom such an amazing platform.
- The autocomplete system is embedded within this editor.
It is another useful integrated development environment that is written with the help of Java and Kotlin programming language.
As it is written in Kotlin language therefore it is very much suitable for this language.
It was initially released in the year of 2001 and it was developed by JetBrains.
It was principally supportable for the three main operating systems as windows, mac os, and Linux.
- This editor provides very in-depth coding assistance.
- With the help of this IDE, you can quickly navigate the code.
- If you have did some errors within your code then this IDE will bring all the errors that you have performed within your code.
- This IDE very smartly compiles your source code.
Android Studio is another very cool IDE and it is a very familiar IDEs for android developers. However, this IDE is very valuable to everyone and it supports the Kotlin programming.
It is an official IDE for the Android operating systems. This IDE was released somewhere between 2013 to 2014 by the Jetbrains.
It was supportable for the 4 essential operating systems such as Windows, Linux, macOS, ChromeOS, etc.
Although there are numerous features are there which you can access within the android studio. Here I mention some of the major reasons for android studio.
- This IDE is very helpful and very useful to run the apps instantly.
- This IDE or editor includes a fast emulator which is useful to run the applications faster.
- This IDE has a very intelligent code editor.
- It is remarkably helpful to develop apps for all the devices.
- It allows you to connect with the firebase.
Vim is another updated text editor and it is a text editor for UNIX. It was initially released in the year 2021 by Bram Moolenaar.
This IDE is developed with the help of the C programming language. It is considered as the improved version of the vi code editor and is essentially recommended for Unix systems.
It is so valuable for the programmers and therefore it is also known as a programmers editor.
- Usually, it is a command-centric editor.
- There are numerous plugins are available within this IDE and these IDEs are beneficial for the programmers.
- It is supportive on the multiple windows.
- This IDE also supports multiple buffers.
It is one of the modern code editors and it is a very lightweight code editor. This is very suitable for the Kotlin language because it has lots of examples for the basics of Kotlin functions.
- The design of this IDE is pretty new and is very attractive to use.
- You can make this editor into full-screen mode.
- You can create multiple file projects with the help of this editor.
- Within this editor, you can very smoothly navigate the codes.
This IDE is one of the most useable editors. It incorporates lots of plugins and systems and therefore it is truly helpful within computer programming.
It is a very old and very faithful editor amongst programmers. It was released in the year 2001 and it was developed by Eclipse Foundation. And it was originally written in java and the c language.
- This IDE provides lots of coding shortcuts and therefore there is no need to type the full code.
- It consists of the formatting source code peculiarities.
- Other features are also including like- completion, hyperlink, hover validation, etc.
- The syntax highlighting feature was also added within this IDE.
It is a cross-platform and. NET-based IDE. And this is a paid IDE version.
There are manifold features are includes within this IDE-
- This Rider IDE can work on several platforms such as – Windows, Linux, Mac os, and others.
- It is a very intelligent code editor.
- The navigation and search feature of this editor is cool.
- In this editor, you can very easily navigate the decompiled code.
- You can create several debugger configurations here.
Visual Studio Code
This editor is one of the prominent editor and IDE for the programmers. Most programmers use this editor for creating codes.
It is an open-source editor which can you use and it was created by Microsoft. It can be supported in Windows, Linux, and mac os.
- It is a very fast source code IDE.
- This IDE supports several hundreds of languages.
- It provides you the features like syntax highlighting, bracket matching.
- The box selection snippet features are also embedded within this IDE.
This is the final IDE that I have mentioned in my lists. This is also a very good IDE which you can use for Kotlin.
- This IDE is a very good debugger and you can very easily debug the codes.
- There are various kinds of tools integrated with this IDE which you can use as a Kotlin programmer.
- This IDE is integrated with the VCs.
- You can quickly test the codes within this IDE.
I hope I able to guides you with the usual information about which IDE is best for Kotlin?. Till if you are confused about which one is best then I should recommend you to go for sublime text or visual code editor.
I hope you have liked this article and if you have any kind of query then you can ask me in the comment section and follow our website regularly for this kind of informational article.